More about cookies on goliveuk.com
We've changed goliveuk.com so it's easier for you to manage the cookies we use.
We will only read or write cookies for the preference level you set. Cookies set prior to when you changed your settings will still be on your computer and you can remove them using your browser settings.
We use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences. This means:
- If you delete all your cookies you will have to update your preferences with us again
- If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again
The cookies used on goliveuk.com are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
For more information about cookies see below.
'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to…
- Identify you as being logged in to goliveuk.com
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to…
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'strictly necessary'.
Back to top
'Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use 'Functionality' cookies to…
- Remember if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Provide proactive live chat sessions to offer you support
- Show you when you're logged in to the website
- Share information with partners to provide a service on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service, product or function and not for any other purpose
- Remember results of tests performed to make the website more relevant to you
Cookies defined as 'Functionality' will not be used to…
- Target you with adverts on other websites
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties – where this is the case we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean we can't offer you some services, and will reduce the support we can offer you. It's also possible that preventing these cookie stops us remembering that you didn't want a specific service.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'Functionality'.
Cookies provided by 3rd parties
Back to top
'Statistical' cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We use 'Statistical' cookies to…
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in when you return to our website or visit other third party websites
- Deliver content and marketing communications tailored to your interests based on information from your visit
You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may stop us from offering you some services. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may alternatively use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
Here is a list of the cookies we have defined as 'Statistical'.
Back to top
Information about cookies
You can read more about cookies at:
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at:
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website section:
Information about Google Analytics and to opt out of it is found by visiting;
Back to top