Why every business needs reliable Cyber Security Solutions
I already have a firewall and anti-virus set up, I am completely safe, right? Wrong! Regardless of how many security solutions you have in place, there is always a hole and should a crafty unsavoury individual decide to look for it, they will find a way in. There are no absolutely perfect cyber security solutions in existence, regardless of what the marketers will tell you. How are you to protect your business from cyber criminals, then? The most advisable approach is to utilise different layers of cyber security solutions. Yes, you need an anti-virus, just like you need a firewall and a filtering system. One of the most important cyber security solutions you should be utilising, however, is a reliable backup.
Data Backups as Cyber Security Solutions
What makes backups so important?
Backup cyber security solutions are important because they protect you against a variety of situations that are not covered by other security solutions. Having a secure and reliable backup in place protects you from:
- Computer Crashes – your computer can crash at any moment and you might lose hours or even days of data!
- Viruses – Ensure that pesky viruses cannot eat away at hours of your work within seconds! Backups are an important part of a cyber security solutions strategy!
- Hacker Attacks – There are few things that hackers love more than destroying and stealing your data!
- Drive Failure – Hard drives and Solid-State drives alike have a limited lifespan. If they decide to die on you, you might lose all of your data!
- Physical Damage to Your Computer – However unlikely it may sound, your computer can suffer hardware damage, water can be spilled on it and so forth. You should not allow such circumstances to compromise the safety of your work!
- Physical Theft – A thief can always find their way in your home or office and do away with your computer or laptop. Should this happen, you need to be able to get everything back and running ASAP.
Data is the lifeblood of modern businesses and you need to keep it safe and sound. Not only will this help you keep your customers happy and not lose business, you will also avoid potentially devastating fines! With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) fast approaching, no business can let its sensitive files and data go without the appropriate cyber security solutions! To learn more about GDPR Compliance and its implication click here.
Cyber Security Solutions and Backup Methods
The different ways to back up your important files and data
As you already know, the term backup stands for the process of backing up files and data by the means of copying them. This allows you to always have a secure copy should something happen to the original. You could opt for local backup, off-site backup or a combination of both. In the ideal case, you would always want to utilise a combination of the methods, because, as a rule of thumb, if something can go wrong, it eventually will. The more layers of backup cyber security solutions you have in place, the better your data and business are protected! Let us look at the difference between the two:
- Local Backup– this can involve external hard drives, tapes, USB flash drives and more. The upside here lies in the fact that you can always access these backups even if you have no internet connection. The downside is that they require you to have a person on-site who is experienced in the processes.
- Off-Site backups – backups over the Internet are excellent for their added cyber security solutions options. Cloud backup also tends to bring along the benefits of the enterprise-level cyber security solutions, sported by data centres. The downside is that you need an active Internet connection to reach your backups.
Why you should consider Cloud Backup
What makes Cloud Backup an amazing cyber security solutions addition
There is a very good reason for the popularity of cloud backups. They are fast, relatively easy to set up and mostly automatic. They require little to no maintenance on your part and come with their very own set of cyber security solutions already in place. The companies offering these backups tend to have long years of experience in the cyber security solutions field and are fielding the latest equipment that money can buy. You should choose cloud backup if:
- You lack a consistent and reliable strategy for backing up your files.
- You want to avoid the hassle of manually bringing the backup devices to the given office or lack a secure way to transmit them over the Internet.
- You are in need of cyber security solutions that are here to stay. You set it up and forget it.
- You need your solution right away, not after the 10 months it would require for your company to set up a reliable a defendable infrastructure structure.
- You are not willing to give up on security but want convenience.
- You need to be able to access your files and data instantaneously.
If you answered with Yes to any of the above, then you should strongly consider adding a Cloud Backup service to your (hopefully) already long list of cyber security solutions and measures.
Cyber Guardian – the latest piece of technology in the field of cyber security solutions
Go Live UK – Innovative cyber security solutions that safeguard your business. The latest innovation in the field of cyber security solutions, Cyber Guardian has been tailored to cater to the needs of every business owner worldwide. No matter the size or niche of your business our cyber security solutions will provide your company with stellar defence and you with total peace of mind.
With Cyber Guardian, your business benefits from a wide range of cyber security implementations as well as triple backup data. Our packages will safeguard your invaluable business data, ensuring that your business is functioning at optimal capacity 24/7!
Please refer to our Cyber Guardian page for more details in regards to the service.