Why Your Business Needs Mobile Device Management
Every day, 90 mobile phones are left on London’s Tubes.
Now imagine that your employee has sensitive corporate data (emails, spreadsheets, and contacts) on their phone, and it goes missing. You've had a data breach to deal with, and there's a chance that sensitive business information will fall into the wrong hands.
So how can you ensure your business data remains secure whilst maximising your employee’s productivity?
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Using personal smartphones for work or company mobiles is become quite widespread. Employees can work remotely using smart gadgets, giving them greater flexibility. This raises a whole new set of security and privacy concerns in the modern workplace.
This is where implementing MDM software can be quite beneficial to your company. You can control and monitor your employees' mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, with Mobile Device Management.
Installing Sophos Mobile for your company allows you to control and secure all business content on employee devices through a single solution. Any business data can be tracked and managed remotely, whether it's on a personal or corporate device.
What are the risks of having your business devices without MDM?
- Any company information kept on a device that is lost or stolen by an employee is no longer secure. It's possible that it'll end up in the wrong hands.
- Malware and viruses will infect personal electronics. This puts confidential information at risk.
- As soon as confidential information is exposed, there is an automatic data breach. This might have a significant negative impact on your company's reputation among consumers and partners.
What are the benefits of MDM?
- It's simple to manage and retain control over how emails, contacts, and other data are delivered and managed to every employee's device.
- To avoid a data breach and safeguard your company's reputation, you can erase any confidential data from a lost or stolen device.
- As part of GDPR compliance, MDM adds an extra layer of protection to secure data.
- Users can work from wherever without fear of being hacked.
- It is reasonably priced and offers excellent value. Sophos Mobile, for example, is licenced per user. You don't have to pay for devices you don't use.
- Access to any sensitive company data kept on mobile devices should be restricted using compliance checks.
- Reduce the time your employees spend on the phone with your IT support. A self-service portal is included with Sophos Mobile. As a result, your personnel will be able to address their own difficulties.
- It has no effect on the battery life or functionality of your smartphone. The Sophos Mobile Security software protects your smartphone from viruses and ransomware while also monitoring its health.
- Consider your alternatives unless you want to report every missing mobile device (phone, tablet, or laptop) to the ICO.
Choose Go Live UK as your IT support provider and stop wasting time, money, and data. Your IT assets will be serviced and managed by highly trained professionals, allowing you to concentrate on your business. Your company will benefit from our great knowledge, secure solutions, and quick turnaround times.