Your 2015 SEO plan: 5 things you should focus on
Search Engine Optimisation
Most people have some information when it comes to what good SEO is: links, quality content, social media etc. But between the mixes of Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird updates, SEO has changed quite a bit. Tips and tricks that have worked in the past now do us no good and can even result in penalties to our website. These algorithm updates have forced digital marketing companies to completely change their approach.
Here are five things you should focus on in your 2015 SEO plan.
1. Responsive design is really important and it will remain mandatory throughout 2015. It is crucial to have a clear and concise website across all mobile devices in order to not lose customers. People are relying a lot more on their phones and tablets for browsing products and shopping. A responsive design ensures that you won’t lose a sale.
2. Short and concise URLs that include search engine friendly keywords. The URLs are the building blocks of a website so you must keep them short and clean. A long URL confuses most visitors and search engines will consider it as spammy.
3. Video marketing is again a must for next year. It makes sense that by using the number 1 Google product- YouTube, you will increase the exposure of your business. Keep in mind that there are more people that prefer to watch a video rather than read an article. If you use the power of videos for SEO then you’re taking things in the right direction.
4. Social media become something that people use each and every day and they expect your business also to use it. By establishing a Facebook page for your business, you can keep customers up-to-date on all things that interest them. This provides you with a vital source of feedback that you can use to improve products and services you offer. A major part of SEO is social media; Google ranks higher businesses that are active in social media.
5. In the end, there was content. The whole purpose of search engines is to provide answers and information. When you ask a question you receive the most relevant answer. If you do not have quality and relevant content that provides answers to people then search engines are going to skip your website. The key to a successful SEO plan is to focus on providing the most quality content possible. If you can manage to do that, then people are much more likely to visit your website and buy your products or services.
If you need help with getting people to find your products and services easier, then give us a call 020 3371 7354